This is an exercise from the page Developing Team Values. If you have come here without having read that page first, it might make more sense for you to visit there before reading the rest of this page.
Describe what it means to you
- Being Open minded
- People feeling inspired because they are continuously improving
- We hire and value people who have the capacity to learn and able to apply knowledge - not just on their current knowledge
- Flexibility in thinking and behaving
- People do not always need to have the exact skill set because they can learn
- Learning is the way of life, it happens every single day, it is not a special event
- Learning is a continuous journey that has no end, training has a finite goal, "as a result of the training you will be able to do something that you couldn't previously do"
- We are all continuously evolving
What Behaviors would you expect to see that demonstrate this Value?
- People willingly stepping outside of their comfort zone
- Pursuing learning opportunities
- Showing initiative
- People understanding the tangible benefit from going to off-the-job learning opportunities
- People who are enthusiastic to learn new skills
- Taking on new tasks, expanding what they can do
What Results will follow by people having/using this Value
- Flexible workforce
- Skilled and passionate people
- People performing their roles, accepting change and enjoying the variation in work
- Reduced downtime, reduced cost
- Better quality of profit
- Greater customer and team member satisfaction
Leave A Comment
Have your say about what you just read! Leave a comment in the box below.