As one of my clients said, "Leadership can be lonely"
It can be hard to discuss the pressures and work issues you are dealing with, with your work colleagues and/or the people you report to ... because you just don't know when, or if, that information might be used against you. Or, sometimes you simply don't want other people knowing that you aren't sure how to solve a particular problem, or you have an idea that you'd like to bounce around with someone with an outsider's view.
This Is Why Leadership Coaching With Me Works.
It gives you a safe place to come and get one-to-one focused attention on:
- Your issues,
- Your situation,
- Your needs,
- Your doubts,
- Your goals, hopes, dreams.
The leaders who are in coaching with me are high performance leaders (or on the pathway to becoming). They aren't broken and they don't need fixing.
They are men and women like you, who are focused on being the best version of themselves, bringing out the best in the people they work with ... and making the positive dent in the universe they were meant to.
I am truly on your side, with no hidden agenda or desire... other than to see you at the peak of your game ... and loving it!
Why Should You Come Into Coaching
Because you have goals and dreams you'd like to achieve and you see the benefit in having someone support you and encourage you.
You'll have on your side someone who won't buy into your excuses or the beliefs that are holding you back.
You'll power forward with greater momentum and clearer vision because coaching is action-oriented and forward moving. Identifying where you are now and determining where you want to be.
You'll achieve goals a lot quicker, because you'll be laser focused on the action you are willing to take to get what you want out of life.
You'll increase your confidence.
You'll improve your relationships and communication skills.
You'll more quickly hit your career goals.
I've been a high performance leader, but as your coach, that doesn't mean you'll get my answers! We make sure that the answers you get come through sharing of experiences and then powerful questions that enable you to discover the answers you need to the specific challenges you face.
We work on developing the mindset that helps you to shift your focus and energy so that you can effortlessly get people to want to work with you to achieve your goals.
Wondering What Happens in Coaching?
If the people you are working with are stressing you out, because they are under-performing or fighting amongst themselves, you will discover the mindset, languaging and tools you need, so that each and every individual you interact with, is pulling with you, rather than against you.
Here are some of the types of issues that I can help you with:
- Help you manage your boss - especially if he or she is placing crazy demands on you
- You've got an underperforming team member and you want to turn him or her around
- You are in conflict with a peer and need to get the relationship back on track for the sake of yourself and the business
- You need to introduce change and need some guidance setting up the process
- You need help getting your team norms, policies and/or procedures in place (or updated)
- You are getting close to having to let someone go and you need help making sure it is done well
- You've got redundancies coming up and you need help working your way through that minefield
- You've just received a promotion and you need to map out a plan to hit the ground running
- You're thinking of retiring or leaving the company and you need to develop an exit plan
- You've got a major presentation coming up and you need help crafting your presentation and how you deliver it
- You've got some big targets for your team to hit and you want some ideas on how to keep them feeling inspired, rather than overwhelmed
- You're spending way too much time at work and need some strategies and ideas to get things done faster, so you can get home at a decent hour
- Your team seems flat and demotivated and you need some help working through the issues and getting them feeling engaged
- You're new to leadership and not sure where to begin
- You need help learning how to delegate better
- You just need the perspective and insight that comes from an outsider, who has no agenda, except to help you shine
Together in our coaching sessions, we will tackle the issues that are causing you to wake up in the middle of the night, feeling panicked about something you forgot to do, or something you said to someone that you shouldn't have, or something you should have. Let's work together so you can avoid laying in bed tossing and turning for hours and waking up in the morning, with a feeling of numbness and here we go again.
Instead we will work on your problems, and your mindset, so that you you wake up in the morning feeling refreshed and excitedly anticipating the day about to unfold.
Here's how I describe my ideal client..
Here Is My Promise To You
I can make these promises to you about the impact of business leadership coaching with me, because these are the types of benefits my clients have spoken about:
- You are feeling truly confident - from the inside out - you have a spring in your step and you are excited by, not only the work that you are doing, but the people you get to do it with.
- You feel an inner confidence that everything is working out well. You have a sense of knowing that you, and your team, will achieve your goals, and any obstacles that come your way will be easily circumnavigated.
- As you think about all that is on your agenda, you feel in good spirits - knowing that the work you will be turning your attention to absorbs your attention - stretches you (but not too far) and you easily lose yourself in (in a good way).
- You feel much more trusting of your people, and you have discovered systems and thinking patterns, that enable you all to work better together and to use much more of your potential.
- You are going to fewer meetings, but the ones you attend are focused, and you come away with a sense of achieving something and that it was a meaningful use of your time.
- You have discovered how to work on the things you love to do, and to successfully delegate the tasks that you aren't so good at, to others who not only good at those tasks, but thrive upon and love doing them.
- You feel appreciation that you no longer feel that everything is on your shoulders - that you have learned how to truly lead your people into their potential. You are confident in your ability to lead them to success, and to revel in their personal growth, and your business growth.
- You feel such a buzz because not only are your work relationships getting better all the time, but your intimate family relationships are healthy and filled with joy.
- You feel like you know you are meant to feel.
- You feel good, because not only do you look the part of a successful leader ... most importantly you now know that you are a great leader - and on a journey to being even more so.
Here are a few of the testimonials that clients have sent to me.
How Does One-To-One Executive Business Coaching With Me Work?
We schedule 30 minute sessions
We get together on Skype or via Viber - so you can be anywhere in the world
We find a time that works for you
You set the agenda, you set the topic ...
At the end of 30 minutes you'll come away pumped, and confident that you have ideas and strategies, to get what you want easily and rapidly.
Regular Or One Off Sessions?
I've had some clients come for a single session, get what they need and then I may not hear from them again for several months. And I've also got clients that I've been coaching, twice a month for more than seven years! So it all depends upon you and your needs. Short and sharp or ongoing development.
And, if you are in regular coaching with me, you get 24 hour turnaround (more often than not, within a couple of hours) on any emails or phone calls. You get priority attention from me, so that any crisis that crops up together we deal with rapidly and positively.
As well, if you are working with me on a regular basis, you get free access to the Make A Dent Club - your 24/7 online resource filled with ebooks, articles, templates, checklists, ecourses and audios. All designed to help you bring out the best in yourself and your people. When you make use of these tools in combination with your coaching you will fast-track your career, create high performance workplaces - where people come to work with a spring in their step and you will enhance your personal life.
Why Do People Come Into Coaching?
I asked a couple of my long-term clients why they decided business leadership coaching was right for them, and why after three years they were still with me. Here's what they said:
Why he came into coaching:
- His position was blocked and he wasn't moving forward and couldn't work out why.
- I was recommended to him. At the very first session he was surprised by the questioning and perspective that he gained
Why he stayed
- Atmosphere of complete trust - so that he could share his inner thoughts and desires without fear
- Deepened his understanding of people, and the interactions between them
- He kept deepening his knowledge of what motivates others, how to view them and himself
- Owning the perspective that "All the sh*t is my sh*t" and having that truth enables him to continually deal with 'stuff' optimistically
Met his goal of moving into a CEO role for a large company before the age 50
Why she came into coaching:
- Always looking for the opportunity to be better
- Wanted to become better at raising excellent leaders within her team
Why she stayed:
- I kept confronting her with her truth
- Offering her perspectives about why others might be behaving the way they were, and how to deal with them.
- Promoted to COO
- Her team was recognized and awarded as best performing team in the business
Here are some of the Leadership Coaching Results others have achieved:
- For the #1 Growth Company in Australia - I mentored a leader from Area Leader to CEO in three years
- Within an 18 month period 4 of 8 leaders in this team were promoted
- One client (after six short months of coaching) received an award, in recognition of his great leadership, as part of his trek along the Kokoda Trail
- This person was close to burn-out. He went from self-absorbed, unhappy, pressured manager, and father, to open-hearted, inspiring and transformational father and leader.
- After only 2 months, this leader turned a 12 year conflicted relationship, with his manager into one of respect and success
- This client had two key team members who were ready to resign. Within a month we had the team back working together, united and firing on all cylinders
- This leader has gone from 80-hour weeks, to 50-hour weeks, with plans to further reduce! He has not only achieved a greater life balance, his department is significantly more productive and happier and, most importantly, his family is delighted.
- This team is the 4th fastest growing communications company in the world. I worked closely with their core leadership team, to help them gain the skills they needed, as their business rapidly expanded. Their leadership team were able to get beyond the pressures of this growth and create a high performance workplace that has had national and international recognition.
Whilst I can't guarantee you these exact results, we should expect that similar benefits will be achievable, and I promise to do everything I can to help you be just as successful.
- If you are ready to move beyond tail-chasing and fire-fighting to being in control, and intentional about how you live your day to day life, not being dictated to by others and circumstances ...
- If you are ready to feel total passion for your life, and really know that they are making a huge difference ..... really making a dent in the universe ...
- If you are ready for more fun and laughter in your life ...
- If you are ready to bring out the very best in yourself and those around you ...
- If you are ready to consistently feel like you have completely got your act together ...
- If you are ready to feel total passion for your life and really know that they are making a huge difference ..... a really positive difference ...
- If you are ready to tap into the skills and mindset needed to create a high performance workplace
What You Want to Do Is ... Go ahead and schedule a session
Wondering how much One-to-One Business And Leadership Coaching With Shelley Costs?
And I promise you I will get to it in a moment! But the more important question you need to answer is "What is it going to cost you if you don't engage in Business and Leadership Coaching with me?"
- What is your stress costing you?
- What are the promotions that aren't coming as quickly as they could, costing you?
- What are the niggly, stormy, conflicted relationships (at work and at home), costing you?
- What is the overloading of work, by your boss costing you?
- What are the under-performing team members, who report to you, costing you and your team?
- What are all those meetings costing you in wasted time?
- What are the hours and hours you are spending at work (or thinking about work) instead of at home 'being' with your family costing you?
The cost is very much dependent upon what you have come into coaching for and your level of leadership. Packages start from $540 per month.
Your first session is free, as it enables you and I to decide if we are a good fit. I've had clients make life-changing (and life-enhancing) decisions and take actions after the very first session ... so as the Mastercard ad says - cost of coaching .... Priceless!
If you don't have the budget for one-to-one executive business coaching with me, then do make use of the Make A Dent Club. It will certainly help you along. But, if you really are serious about successfully living your life, being the best leader you can, bringing out the best in your people .... being the best possible version of you ... then the very best option is to work with me one-to-one, so that you get the personalized, individual assistance you need for your specific circumstances.
Use the calendar to set up a time for us to speak on Skype, and work out whether we'll be able to create magic together and transform your life.
Book Your First Coaching Session